Thursday, September 21, 2006

My Passion..besides teaching and my children...

is scrapbooking. Many people think scrapbooking is just playing with pictures and paper..well, it is..but to me (and many others) it is so much more. To me, scrapbooking is a chance to be creative. It is a chance for me to play with my pictures and paper, and create lasting memories to leave behind to my children. (Memories that will have the names of the people in the photos, what they were doing, etc.) Now..most people know I do not have a creative bone in my body..NONE..many of my layouts are copied from sketches. Now..most sketches are only black and white "floor plans." I choose the paper, embellies, ribbon, etc..the sketches just help me put it all together. Some layouts I have copied from magazines, online galleries, and othe places. These layouts, the scrapbooking industry calls..scraplifts..cute huh? But, sometimes, I amaze myself and create spectacular layouts all on my own..sometimes..So..I have put together some of my very favorite layouts of the kiddos, kiddos I admit to calling mine. (some of these layouts do come from scraplifts and sketches)

No comments: