Friday, August 03, 2007

I am sad today :(
Last year in September, Fickel, Mrs. Robinson, their friend Cindy, and I all went to Crop for the Cure in Nebraska. I had the BEST time EVER! It was the first "organized" crop that i have ever attended. We had so much fun ,and I hold the memories dear to my heart. Well anyway, we each got goody bags, and in these goody bags were pink "Share the Promise" bracelets. You know the kind..the rubber ones. I have worn mine religiously since i got it, and today...it broke! I am heartbroken, and feel empty without it. Yes, we are going again this year, but it is in NOVEMBER, and who knows if we will get another one.
Anyway, my heart goes out to MN. I could not begin to imagine what those people thought as they saw, felt, or heard about the bridge collapse. I usually take my niece Kenzie scrapping with me. I tend to teaser her because every time we go over the MO bridge...she closes her eyes. She is scared of it falling. Well..i will apologize. I am sorry for making fun of you kenzie..your fear is very real.
On another note, my sister Cindy had some weird postings to her blog. I don't know exactly what happened, but what i understand is someone from the rinky dink, messed up hometown we are from (you know the one..the one who has a 3rd grade teacher (who still teaches 3rd grade) tell me i would never make anything of myself, because i was a C___________s kid...yeah...THAT one) told her she should give this town another chance. OMFlippingG! The nerve...and it doesn't matter if you belong to a betterment committee or not.. I have a very hard time thinking positively about this town. I would not live here, and i very rarely shop here ( only the grocery store..because Mrs.W was rile's teacher and she was so very good to her) if my husband wasn't so against moving from here. Seriously. He is a truck driver, and i am a teacher..we can get jobs pretty much anywhere. I have such a hatred for this town, I open enroll my children to another school 15 miles out of my way and i DO NOT substitute here. (Thank goodness shell lives in that school district, and the school bus picks her kids up.) I know, no matter what anyone does, we will not change the attitude or feelings in this town. It will always be a matter of "Them vs Us." Isn't it sad? Just think of where we would be if we could all work as a team.
wendy

1 comment:

:Jayne said...

Ah yes, I remember the small town "attitude". I don't miss it all. Hang in there.

:J