Saturday, December 23, 2006




The skivvy on marriage..

I found this on another blog (True Wife Confessions).. I lifted most of it, and rewrote some of it to suit me. Most of it tho..is things I want to say to Chris. So..here goes..

Being married is alot harder (even the second time) than I thought it would be but not for the reasons everyone else (myself included) thought.I knew going into this, it wasn’t going to be easy. I thought... "hey, I have been through divorce before, I know I can make it on my own.”

Thank you for being so great, that I NEED to make this marriage work. (besides..could you handle being a single parent to our daughter?? I didn’t think so ;)

I knew going into this, that marriage IS a lot of work. It is constant work, but I am
willing to keep working to make this marriage even better than it already is.


What I didn't realize was how much more special our time together is because our lives are even more busier now than when we walked down the aisle. Being able to cuddle up with you every night is amazing and I sleep so much better now.

What I didn't realize is how lucky we are to have been brought together and have our lives in enough order to be able to get married and continue our family.

We have been together for six years and we have made it through more rough times than I would like to admit but we have worked hard to make our relationship a success. You have been the greatest father a little boy could ever dream of having to my son..... he's yours now too, every way but legally, (hopefully that comes soon).


Even though you make me want to punch you in the throat for the stupid things you say and do at times, I can't imagine my life without you. I consider myself to be the luckiest woman alive. (By the way, I think you are the luckiest man alive!)

You understand me more than any person ever has and you put up with my sometimes bratty ways.

I understand that you are not very good with your words and shove both feet in your mouth at the most inopportune times.
But, despite everything that we have going against us, I think we have found the secret to a successful marriage.........as long as you get to watch t.v. and drink beer, and I get to scrapbook.. everything is hunky dory!
I love you!
whimp

2 comments:

Deanne said...

I love the picture of the kids and the caption below it. I missed you guys at Christmas! Give the kids hugs and kisses for me. Maybe we will see you this weekend.
Love ya!
Auntie Dee

JEN said...

I love that blog...sometimes it makes me realize that my life(err marriage) isn't so bad at all (everyone has their own problems)- but I especially like the sincere posts.

I am going to have a lot of questions for you about the cricut! I played around with it all night last night. The one question I have at this time is what do you use to glue the letters onto your page...I realize that is probably a dumb question - but I can't figure out how to cleanly make my letters stick! I need to get your email again...my address book got emptied for some reason! Also, I'm somewhat a technology idiot! hee hee